CMEL is established jointly by the Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine and the Faculty of Law at the University of Hong Kong. Its primary vision is:
- to become a focal point for international research excellence in the area of medical ethics and law;
- to co-ordinate and provide teaching and training to university students and professionals;
- and to promote and disseminate its expertise to the benefit of the public.
The Centre’s objectives are to promote excellence in the fields of research, teaching, knowledge exchange and professional training. The Centre will collaborate, as appropriate, with institutions, professional bodies and scholars in Hong Kong and internationally in order to pursue these objectives. CMEL has recently issued the latest newsletter. To view click: CMEL March 2021 Newsletter.
Highlights of the March newsletter:
- Doctor’s conviction of Gross Negligence Manslaughter in Hong Kong and CMEL’s forthcoming webinar on this topic
- (Webinar) Gross Negligence Manslaughter: Should it apply to healthcare practitioners?
- Watch our Book Talk with the Editor and Contributing Authors
- Ombudsman found Hong Kong government’s monitoring mechanism for high-demand vaccines inadequate
- Recent publications
- Reusing health insurance data of the dead
- Canadian-funded project on regulation of Artificial Intelligence in healthcare
Post a Comment