- to become a focal point for international research excellence in the area of medical ethics and law;
- to co-ordinate and provide teaching and training to university students and professionals;
- and to promote and disseminate its expertise to the benefit of the public.
The Centre’s objectives are to promote excellence in the fields of research, teaching, knowledge exchange and professional training. The Centre will collaborate, as appropriate, with institutions, professional bodies and scholars in Hong Kong and internationally in order to pursue these objectives. CMEL has recently issued the latest newsletter. To view click: CMEL December 2020 Newsletter.
Highlights of the December newsletter:
1. Hong Kong doctor found guilty of manslaughter after administering contaminated blood product to patient in DR beauty blunder
2. New statutory power to seal premises and restrict the movement of individuals in the fight against COVID in Hong Kong
3. Video recordings of “Health and Artificial Intelligence: Law, Ethics and Society” Webinar
4. Recent publications by CMEL members
5. Master of Laws in Medical Ethics and Law of the University of Hong Kong
Post a Comment