Free HKU Online Course – HKU brings you Asia’s 1st FinTech MOOC – Introduction to FinTech on edX platform starting May 15, 2018.
- View course trailer: https://youtu.be/dV9bih05Xk8
- Introduction to FinTech is a 6-week online course created by HKU with the support of SuperCharger, the Centre for Finance, Technology and Education, UNSW Sydney, Microsoft, the Standard Chartered Bank and other industry leaders.
In the course, you will learn about the major areas of FinTech including Money and Payment, Digital Finance and Alternative Finance from a team of renowned academics and practitioners in international business, finance, law and technology. You will be introduced to major technological trends: Cryptocurrencies, Blockchain, AI and Big Data and see how they impact economies, markets, companies, and individuals. You will examine the role of Regulation and the implication of RegTech in the new world of data driven finance.
The key instructors of the course include:
- Douglas Arner, Kerry Holdings Professor in Law, The University of Hong Kong (Course Director and Chief Instructor)
- Janos Barberis, Founder, SuperCharger FinTech Accelerator
- Huy Nguyen Tran, CEO of The Disruptive Group & Co-founder of CFTE, Center for Finance, Technology and Entrepreneurship
- Ross Buckley, Professor of International Finance Law, University of New South Wales
- Brian Tang, Managing Director, Asia Capital Markets Institute (ACMI)
- Henri Arslanian, FinTech & RegTech Leader, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) - China & HK