CMEL is established jointly by the Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine and the Faculty of Law at the University of Hong Kong. Its primary vision is:
- to become a focal point for international research excellence in the area of medical ethics and law;
- to co-ordinate and provide teaching and training to university students and professionals;
- and to promote and disseminate its expertise to the benefit of the public.
The Centre’s objectives are to promote excellence in the fields of research, teaching, knowledge exchange and professional training. The Centre will collaborate, as appropriate, with institutions, professional bodies and scholars in Hong Kong and internationally in order to pursue these objectives. CMEL has recently issued the latest newsletter. To view click: CMEL February 2021 Newsletter.
Highlights of the February newsletter:
- Doctor and patient acquitted of charges arising from the gifting of a watch in Hong Kong
- Runaway COVID-19 patient sentenced to four months in jail in Hong Kong
- Controversy over proposed new pathway for non-locally trained doctors to practise in Hong Kong
- Online book talk with the editor and contributing authors
- Recent publication by CMEL member
Post a Comment