CMEL is established jointly by the Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine and the Faculty of Law at the University of Hong Kong. Its primary vision is:
- to become a focal point for international research excellence in the area of medical ethics and law;
- to co-ordinate and provide teaching and training to university students and professionals;
- and to promote and disseminate its expertise to the benefit of the public.
Highlights of the April newsletter:
- Vaccine Bubble & Injury Compensation
- (Webinar) Gross Negligence Manslaughter: Should it apply to healthcare practitioners?
- Controversy over "vaccine passports" for international travel
- New Zealand’s plan to ban sale of tobacco to the new generation
- Recent publications
- Book launch of Mad by the Millions: Mental Disorders and the Early Years of the World Health Organization