CMEL is established jointly by the Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine and the Faculty of Law at the University of Hong Kong. Its primary vision is:
- to become a focal point for international research excellence in the area of medical ethics and law;
- to co-ordinate and provide teaching and training to university students and professionals;
- and to promote and disseminate its expertise to the benefit of the public.
The Centre’s objectives are to promote excellence in the fields of research, teaching, knowledge exchange and professional training. The Centre will collaborate, as appropriate, with institutions, professional bodies and scholars in Hong Kong and internationally in order to pursue these objectives. CMEL has recently issued the latest newsletter. To view click: CMEL May 2021 Newsletter.
Highlights of the May newsletter:
- Farewell and welcome
- Recent publications
- Impact of "vaccine bubble" on unvaccinated employees
- Incentivising vaccination and the Hong Kong – Singapore Travel Bubble
- Transparency in COVID-19 vaccine indemnity fund applications
- Doctors acquitted of charges arising from referral of patients to private clinic
- Government unveils proposed scheme to create a new pathway for non-locally trained doctors to practise in Hong Kong
- Past Event: Seminar on genomics for health (in English only)
- Upcoming Event (also in English only)
Post a Comment